Although ever-changing innovations in dentistry make it possible to preserve natural teeth for longer, tooth loss remains a common problem. In fact, at least 35 million Americans do not have any natural teeth. Dentures in La Mesa are a convenient and effective solution to rebuild your smile. While you may believe they are all the same, there are various types of dentures that can be used to replace your missing teeth. Each one provides several benefits to improve your daily life.
Benefits of Dentures
Replacing your missing teeth offers more than just aesthetic benefits. They not only allow you to invest in your self-esteem, but your overall quality of life and your oral health. No matter the type you choose, you will enjoy:
- Boosted Confidence: New advancements in dentistry now allow dentures to look and feel more realistic than ever. You can chew, speak, and smile without any worry knowing you always look your best.
- Balanced Diet: Missing teeth often cause you to limit the foods you eat, which can lead to nutritional deficiencies. Rebuilding your smile allows you to eat a wider selection of food to maintain a healthy, balanced diet.
- Cost-Effective: Although you may think you save money by not replacing your teeth, you actually increase your long-term dental costs. Dentures improve your oral health by reducing your risk of future complications, like tooth decay and gum disease, to lower your overall costs for care.
- Long-Lasting: High-quality materials now allow dentures to last for longer than ever with the right aftercare. Some conventional dentures can last for 10 years before needing to be replaced, while those that are supported by dental implants can last for a lifetime.
Types of Dentures
Depending on how many teeth you are replacing and your preferences, there are various types of dentures that may suit your needs. Your prosthodontist conducts a comprehensive consultation to evaluate your oral health to find a solution that meets promotes your oral health and accommodates your lifestyle. Some options that may be right for you can include:
- Partial Denture: Several missing teeth are replaced using a partial denture. Prosthetic teeth are held in a gum-colored base featuring a metal framework to allow it to clip or clasp onto your remaining teeth.
- Traditional Denture: An impression of your mouth is taken to create a custom-made base to replace an entire arch of teeth. Suction or an adhesive holds it to your gum tissue.
- Implant-Supported: Now, you can anchor your bridge, partial, or denture to your jawbone using dental implant posts. This eliminates slipping and irritation while offering the potential to last for a lifetime.
Complete Your Smile Today!
Your prosthodontist can help you invest in a functional and beautiful smile with dentures. Discover which solution is right for you.
About Dr. Peter F. Johnson
Dr. Peter F. Johnson is a board-certified prosthodontist who specializes in rebuilding beautiful smiles that have suffered from damaged or missing teeth. He offers the latest advancements in dentistry to treat tooth loss. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation for dentures.